🎉There’s always something to celebrate🎉
Hey ZORA fam!
Did you watch the Oscars this weekend? I didn’t! I kinda gave up on the various awards shows a while ago because even though we occasionally see our people walk away with the gold (shoutout to H.E.R., Mia Neal, Jamika Wilson and the other winners!), too often, we leave empty handed if our work and talents are even acknowledged at all!
However, a disappointing awards season reminds me that we need to normalize celebrating ourselves and everything we achieve on a daily basis. It may not seem like it, but we have a LOT to celebrate. But if you’re not quite in a celebratory mood, please indulge us as we go through all the things in your life that may be worth a turn up or two:
- You’re surviving a deadly global pandemic the best you can. ‘Nuff said!
- You gave yourself time to read this newsletter. Good for you!
- Did you sip some water today? You go, girl!
- We know you’ve been doing your best at work just by showing up and not cursing somebody out. Keep it up!
- Trump’s not president anymore! Can we take a shot for that?
- Matter fact, take a shot for all the work Black women did (and keep doing) to unfuck the country. We are so awesome!
- The weather is FINALLY starting to warm up! Get you some of that good vitamin D! ☀️
There’s always something to celebrate. Celebrate your growth, celebrate the love in your life, celebrate that you’re not the same person you were yesterday.
You’ve been putting in that work. We see you. We celebrate you. And we love you!
Turn up (safely)!
–– Jolie A. Doggett, Senior platform editor, ZORA
✨ The Best of Us ✨
ICYMI, here are some of our favorite recent ZORA stories
🗣️ The Last Word 🗣️
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. -Dr. Maya Angelou
You’re subscribed to receive emails from ZORA. You can adjust your settings via the link at the bottom of this email.